SYNNEX Corporation Announces Five Executives Named to CRN Channel Chiefs
CRN® a brand of The Channel Company, has named five SYNNEX executives to its prestigious list of 2018 Channel Chiefs: Steve Jow, Senior Vice President, Sales; Rob Moyer, Vice President, Cloud, Mobility, and IoT; Gary Palenbaum, Senior Vice President, Product Management; Bob Stegner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, North America; and Reyna Thompson, Vice President, CONVERGESolvSecure Networking Group. The executives on this annual list represent top leaders in the IT channel who excel at driving growth and revenue in their organization through channel partners.
Channel Chief honorees are selected by CRN’s editorial staff on the basis of their professional achievements, standing in the industry, dedication to the channel partner community, and strategies for driving future growth and innovation. Each of the 2018 Channel Chiefs has demonstrated loyalty and ongoing support for the IT channel by consistently promoting, defending, and executing outstanding channel partner programs.
- Steve Jow, Senior Vice President, Sales (honored five years) – In 2017, Jow worked to increase meaningful engagement with the SMB community through SYNNEX’ SMB teams and the SMB Connect partner program, which helped to double growth in the SYNNEX partner community. Jow also marshaled SYNNEX resources and influence to help individual partners obtain business beyond their own capacity and fostered partnering opportunities within the SMB community to maximize their reach and potential.
- Rob Moyer, Vice President, Cloud, Mobility and IoT (honored two years) – Under Moyer’s direction, SYNNEX CLOUDSolv launched version 2.0 of what is now its Cloud, Mobility & IoT Community, growing membership of key partners by 50 percent year-over-year. CLOUDSolv also increased partner opportunities through expanded and exclusive relationships with vendors including Microsoft and Google. Moyer and his team drove significant year-over-year growth in SYNNEX’ mobility carrier business, with the number of devices under management reaching an all-time high in 2017.
- Gary Palenbaum, Senior Vice President, Product Management – Palenbaum’s leadership contributed to double-digit growth in SYNNEX’ Print Solutions business, outpacing overall industry growth in several product categories. Additionally, the VISUALSolv business saw unprecedented growth, now supporting more than 2,000 customers within the audio/visual customer segment. Palenbaum also oversaw significant year-over-year growth within SYNNEX’ power and accessory category, driven by key vendor support and expanded opportunities resulting from the recent acquisition of Westcon-Comstor Americas.
- Bob Stegner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, North America (honored ten consecutive years) – Stegner led outreach efforts challenging partners to take advantage of unique SYNNEX marketing tools and resources and increased collaboration in response to digital transformation in the IT industry. He also helped strengthen SYNNEX’ solutions programs through reorganization and vendor additions that helped partners deliver better results and gain more of their customers’ overall IT spend.
- Reyna Thompson, Vice President, CONVERGESolvSecure Networking Group (honored two years) – Thompson led the rapid expansion of SYNNEX’ line card with key networking, security, unified communications, and wireless LAN (local access network) vendor partners. These technologies were recently aligned under a cohesive program to deliver fully-converged technology solutions to SYNNEX channel partners. This approach brought emerging, complex technologies to resellers and their end-customers faster and more effectively.
“The five executives recognized as CRN Channel Chiefs are doing outstanding work that enables strong results for all of our partners,” said Peter Larocque, President, North American Technology Solutions, SYNNEX Corporation. “The impact of their leadership is recognized throughout our partner community and continues to strengthen SYNNEX’ role as a key business partner in the IT Channel.”
“The executives on CRN’s 2018 Channel Chiefs list stand out for their exceptional leadership, vision and commitment to the channel,” said Robert Faletra, Executive Chairman of The Channel Company. “These individuals deserve special recognition for their development and support of robust partner programs, innovative business strategy and significant contribution to the overall health of a vigorously growing channel. We applaud each Channel Chief’s impressive record of accomplishments and look forward to their future successes.”
The 2018 CRN Channel Chiefs list is featured online at www.crn.com/channelchiefs and will appear in the February 2018 issue of CRN.